Friday, December 10, 2010

This weather is perfect for F00d P0rn

I woke up this morning and set up my CrockPot to make a pot roast. Then, I wrapped up and headed to my normal Friday Zumba class. Imagine my surprise when I came out of the gym and discovered it was snowing. As I had the wherewithal to tuck my shopping list in my purse before leaving for the gym, I decided to stop at the grocery store on the way home. The driving conditions were terrifying. Even though there wasn't much snow, the cold weather made for slippery roads. My car skidded twice. I shopped for my groceries quickly, with chills up my spine and shaking hands.  I drove home slowly and saw two people lose control of their cars and slide onto the median. I made it home in one piece and thanked the driving gods for allowing me to get home safely. Once I calmed down and stopped shaking, I began to create. This weather is perfect for F00d P0rn.


Chocolate chip banana bread cooling on a dish towel. This didn't stay intact for long, I had to sample a piece after I put down my camera. It was warm, sweet and delicious!


Pot roast with half a sweet potato. This is one of my favorite things to make--I never get tired of it. I once made this for my father (he's a picky eater) and he loved this so much, he took TWO helpings.

4 comments:

  1. You have the cleanest, whitest dish towel I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lauren! I am not sure how I accomplish this but THIS is THE best blog comment ever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, The pot roast was so scrumpcious. I enjoyed every bite! Even the sweet potatoe was good. Thanks for the chocolate chip banana nut bread too. It made a yummy desert...

    Looking forward to trying more samples of your delicious meals any time you want to share.;)

    xoxoxo,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Colleen--my pleasure. Thank you for stopping by! You are an awesome person with great energy!

    ReplyDelete