Thursday, December 23, 2010

I took one look at the traffic and decided to spend the day creating

After sleeping until almost 11:30 and taking one look at the traffic outside, I decided to spend the day creating for tomorrow's Christmas Eve party. Today's creation? Chocolate cupcakes with milk chocolate icing.

I have a confession to make followers: I misread the recipe for icing. It called for 1/4 cup milk and I put in 1/2 cup milk. This resulted in a thinner but still delicious icing. To compensate for this mistake, I first spread each cupcake with a thin layer of icing allowed it to set and then put on another layer. The icing also thickened upon standing. While it took me a lot longer to ice these cupcakes, the result was still yummy. I had one of them for a snack with a small glass of ice cold (skim) milk.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to hit the gym for an intense treadmill workout followed by kickboxing. Something has to keep this F00d P0rnographer looking like a hottie while she creates and eats these delicious things!


 Bowl of milk chocolate icing

 Chocolate cupcakes with milk chocolate icing on a red tray

One dozen chocolate cupcakes with milk chocolate icing presented on white cupcake tray

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! They look picture perfect. Too pretty to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Teresa---they're yummy! I loved sampling them, as did my neighbor. I brought her some last night. This recipe made 20 but I am presenting a dozen @ the party tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends who hosted the Christmas Eve dinner also loved them :-).

    ReplyDelete