Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Brown bagging your lunch doesn't have to be boring

Bringing your lunch to work and/or when you are out and about really makes a difference in your wallet and your waistline. Brown bagging it doesn't have to be boring and can be a fun, creative way to use leftovers. I was in downtown DC all day today and didn't want to eat overpriced, unhealthy fast food so I packed lunch.  I took some of the pot roast I made the other night and piled it onto an Asiago cheese roll from Panera with some mustard and a slice of  Swiss cheese. This was a delicious and gourmet tasting lunch for a fraction of what I would have paid if I had ordered it in a restaurant. If you really want to go all out with this creation, place it in the oven for a few minutes to brown the bread and melt the cheese. Heavenly!

Pot roast sandwich on Asiago cheese roll with mustard and Swiss cheese on foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment