Sunday, January 2, 2011

What a difference

One of my first posts on this blog was "Red curry on a cold windy night," This post featured a delicious Thai curry served over basmati rice. The first time I made this, I used full fat, thick, delicious coconut milk.

As a F00d P0rnographer, I like to experiment with my recipes and change things up. This time, I made this recipe with light coconut milk. Two words for you: epic.fail.

Instead of being thick and rich like the last time, this was thin, soupy and not nearly as tasty. I am never using light coconut milk again. It's delicious and worth every calorie!

 Red chicken curry made with light coconut milk. Look how thin and soupy it is.

With basmati rice in a bowl. I had to eat this with spoon!

Lauren: this one is for YOU. This is from the first time I made this---see how thick the curry is? This was made with full-fat and calorie coconut milk.

4 comments:

  1. You should add pictures of the first attempt so we can see a direct comparison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was considering doing that when I blogged this--I will take your comments as a sign and as a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still looks okay but I can see where the first was better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Teresa---that is putting it mildly. Changing up one ingredient produced such different results it was almost like different recipes. And the crummy part is it's still sitting in my fridge because someone wasn't hungry yesterday.

    ReplyDelete