Saturday, January 22, 2011

A round of applause for this dessert creation

I had a dinner party tonight. On the menu: chicken parmigiana, linguine in tomato sauce, parmesan rolls, salad and my newest dessert recipe: a brownie baked in a round pan.

You might ask: why bake a brownie in a round pan? The reason I wanted to do this was because I wanted to make brownie sundeas and I thought a brownie baked in a round pan would make a prettier presentation. It took me some research to find a recipe for a brownie baked in a round pan, but I eventually found on one on the Tollhouse web site.

This recipe was very easy and took minutes to prepare and put in the oven. I was a little concerned when it came out of the oven as it was not as thick as I would have liked. However, when I ate some of the crumbs I knew there was nothing to worry about. This was chocolate heaven!

I let it cool for a bit, then melted milk chocolate chips for icing and it looked amazing! However, the big moment came when I presented it to my friends tonight and served it with scoops of ice cream and hot fudge. The result? Heaven for the eyes and taste buds. Oh yea; and the woman serving it is pretty easy on the eyes too.

Nom, Nom, Nom to all. Please resist the urge to lick your computer screen as you view these photos ;).

 Brownie in round pan fresh out of the oven.

 Iced in melted milk chocolate chips

Wedge of brownie with ice cream and chocolate fudge

1 comment: