Thursday, January 13, 2011

The proof in the (rice) pudding

As you know, my first foray into rice pudding was an epic fail when I tried to make chocolate rice pudding over Christmas weekend and it wound up in the trash. Feeling a little gun-shy, I made rice pudding earlier this week using a very simple recipe for banana rice pudding from the Uncle Ben's web site. This recipe tasted good at first but it didn't last long. This made a huge batch and we all know bananas go bad quickly. As I write this, I am banana rice pudding-ed out. I was eating 2-3 portions a day just to get rid of it. Banana rice pudding: it's not just for dessert! It makes a great breakfast, not to mention a nice post-workout snack.

This afternoon, I decided to do the real thing. What do you know? This time IT WORKED! Rich, creamy, delicious and best of all, homemade. I am never using that other recipe again. Next, I need to muster the courage to re-visit that chocolate rice pudding recipe.


                 Rice pudding gently simmering on the stove, this was right when I started it.


                                                   Look how rich and creamy it's getting!

                               Look at this delicious-ness! This was after I folded in an egg......

Individual portion of rice pudding in a cute cup from Ikea.

3 comments:

  1. Glad this turned out great. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rice pudding was off the hook. Absolutely delicious!!!! I wanted to gobble it down but instead -- I savored and enjoyed every bite of it. Can't wait for you to make the chocolate!

    Keep testing your recipes and I will keep on enjoying the results. YUUMMMMMYYY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you neighbor! This means a lot coming from you as you are a rice pudding guru! :-) Hoping to produce the chocolate one within the next few days---hopefully this time it will turn out.

    ReplyDelete