Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's amazing what you can create from things you want to use up

I had all these things in my pantry leftover from recent creations that I wanted to use up. Among them: half a bag of milk chocolate chips and half a package of raisins. After looking at the other things I had on hand, I decided to try a new recipe: chocolate chip raisin oatmeal cookies.

When the snow arrived at around 4:00EST, I headed into the kitchen to create. The smell of cinamon, sugar and butter filled the air as the snow came down and turned Maryland white.

I haven't had dinner yet but I couldn't resist eating a little one fresh out of the oven. I pronounce this recipe a keeper. These cookies are AMAZING!

It makes about three dozen so if any of my local followers want any, you know where to find me. I am happy to bring you some tomorrow when the sun is shining.

One dozen oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies ready for the oven


Cooling on the table


Oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies on a plate 

2 comments:

  1. OMG! :) Can't wait for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I bet they would taste great with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

    ReplyDelete