Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The creating didn't stop after the cookies

Continuing on my mission to use things up, I made meat sauce out of the half an economy size jar of pasta sauce I had leftover from Saturday's dinner party. Armed with lean ground beef, an onion, fresh tomatoes,  Gourmet Garden Italian seasoning paste and olive oil, I turned Ragu into F00d P0rn worthy creation. I served it over Italian spice pasta with a salad (created from leftover vegetables) and a piece of garlic bread. My only regret? The snowstorm made it impossible to share with anyone. Oh well. Maybe later in the week.

Until then? Enjoy creating wonderful things from things you want to use up.

Meat sauce on the stove

Italian spice fettucine with meat sauce, salad and garlic bread

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    OMG that was the best pasta sauce and salad ever. The bread was a nice side-bar. Glad I was invited over a couple days later to help you finish off what you couldn't finish!!!
    Keep making too much so I can help you with the leftovers.
    hugs,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete