Monday, January 17, 2011

My best use of leftovers EVER!

As promised the other night, here is the creation I made using most of the vegetables from the feta chicken with Greek vegetables (I made this the other night).

First, I sauteed bite-sized pieces of chicken breast in a little olive oil. Then, I added a one teaspoon of minced garlic, an eight ounce can of tomato sauce and a tablespoon of Gourmet Garden Mediteranean seasoning paste. Finally, I added the leftover spinach, eggplant, onion and tomato mixture from the other night. I brought it to a boil, covered, turned the heat down and allowed the mixture to simmer while I prepared the spinach-basil pasta.

I tossed the chicken and vegetable mixture with the pasta and topped with some feta cheese. I call this creation Mediteranean Chicken Pasta and this was DELICIOUS. This is the best use of leftovers I have ever made. As I write this, I am full, happy and resisting the urge to invite people over and charge them $16.95 each for my food.

 Chicken, spinach, eggplant, onion, grape tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, Mediteranean seasoning paste and chicken breasts simmering on the stove.


.....Tossed with spinach basil pasta

Mediteranean chicken pasta sprinkled with feta cheese 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that pasta dish looks wonderful. Wish I could hire you as my chef!!!!
    xoxoxoxox,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey neighbor--call or text me later and I will give you some. Be safe on those icy roads. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete