Saturday, September 24, 2011

Staying home when you're feeling under the weather can be FUN if you create f00d p0rn

I was stung by a bee at about 2:30 EST on Tuesday. For those of you who don't know me, I am severally allergic. My dominant left hand looked like a red football and it hurt like no one's business. I was able to last for about 30 hours without taking any medication, but eventually I folded and took half a Benadryl. I've been doing this since Wednesday and while it's giving me relief, it also makes me incredibly groggy. I'm recovering slowly but surely, my hand looks a lot better today.

This morning, I worked out and came right home. As I am still not feeling 100%, I decided to lie low today and try out a new take on a brownie recipe I have used several times with great results.

Instead of making this moist fudgy creation in a 9-inch pan, I baked it in muffin tins and swirled on a delicious chocolate buttercream icing. I couldn't resist trying one and it's delicious!


Fresh out of the oven......

Iced with chocolate buttercream, setting on a baking rack

Nom, nom, nom......

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! The frosting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teresa! Not bad for someone for a lefty with a bee sting, eh?

    ReplyDelete