Friday, December 9, 2011

Bringing the party to my friend

Hello, loyal followers! I am sorry I haven't blogged in awhile, things have been crazy. I was looking at the photos on my camera the other day and realized how behind I had gotten, so here goes.

The following is from the evening of October 1st. You may remember a post I did back in July about the friend who was 45 minutes late for my dinner party and didn't even call. Well, this same friend's birthday came around and I told her I would make her a birthday dinner. I called the party for 5:00, my place but figured I would have the food ready at 6.

However, imagine my dismay when it was cold and rainy that day and I KNEW my friend would probably be an hour and 15 minutes late. The irony of this is she lives about six miles away from me and I can get to her in about 10-15 minutes but it can literally take her an hour to get to me (yes I've timed this before). So, rather than wind up frustrated, I called my friend and offered to bring her birthday party to her. She loved this idea and I obliged.

Dinner was my house specialty, baked pasta served with salad and garlic bread, topped by the piece de resistance, a yellow layer cake with chocolate sour cream icing. Everything was yummy, my friend loved it and I didn't become riled up because everyone who knows me can tell you I am a stickler for punctuality.

Here is a picture of the cake. I am sorry I forgot to get a photo of a slice!


Yellow layer cake with chocolate sour cream icing

No comments:

Post a Comment