Saturday, September 24, 2011

There's just something about food created in a CrockPot

I receive a lot of questions about my creations and I would say the one I get asked the most is, "What is the BEST thing to have in my kitchen?" My answer is always, "A CrockPot! In fact, get two! A round one and an oval one."

CrockPots are amazing for several reasons. Firstly, you can set it, forget it and come home to a delicious meal that fills your home with an amazing aroma. Secondly, there is very little prep and mess. Finally, it allows even the most inexperienced cook to create a delicious meal. I'm a very experienced cook and I am known to use mine when entertaining; that's how much I love it.

Even though we aren't having fall weather just yet, I couldn't resist trying out a new recipe for white chicken chili. This is the perfect chili for those of you who are wary of spicy foods as this is savory, flavorful and delicious without being spicy.

I served this over rice with a homemade corn muffin on the side, garnished with a little low fat sour cream and cheddar cheese. All I can say is YUM! I cannot wait for cooler weather to come so I can officially make the first chili of the season.

A feast for a Zumba babe. White chicken chili served with a homemade corn muffin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment