Sunday, September 11, 2011

An earthquake hit Maryland while I was creating these

I do not like to waste anything and was combing the Internet looking for recipes for using about a cup of coconut milk. After a lot of searching, I found a recipe for brownies made with coconut milk AND coconut milk icing.

I has just taken these out of the oven on a Tuesday afternoon when I heard banging and felt my home start to shake. As I have lived in Japan and Turkey and have been through about 15 earthquakes in my lifetime, I simply said, Oh, earthquake, set the brownies on a cooling rack and began tapping them to test for doneness.

I do not buy coconut milk often, but now I am considering keeping it around so I can always create these delicious brownies. They were delicious very moist with a taste like a Mounds bar but in brownie form.

Coconut brownies in a 9-inch pan

On a plate....

2 comments:

  1. Why did you have coconut milk in the first place? I used to use it for curries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren---I had it leftover from a curry recipe that didn't require the whole can :-).

    ReplyDelete