Sunday, September 11, 2011

My reaction to my favorite Indian place closing

I have been patronizing the Bethesda, MD location of  Delhi Dhaba since I was a senior in college. Imagine my devastation when I walked by sometime over the summer and discovered they had gone out of business. Even though I saw that one coming, I still miss it. After licking my wounds for a bit, I decided to teach myself how to make Indian food at home. It's amazing what you can do with tumeric, curry, cardamon, Patak's curry paste and a big bag of basmati rice from Trader Joe's.

It's not quite the same as my favorite restaurant and nothing ever will be, but it's pretty damn close and I get the satisfaction of knowing I created these dishes myself.


Chicken biryani

Chicken curry with spinach

Chicken tikka masala

No comments:

Post a Comment