Friday, December 23, 2011

This can't happen

A few months ago, one of my friends told me she bought some cupcakes at a local bakery and the icing was awful. She said it was pure cream cheese and there was too much of it, that it overpowered the cupcake.

I told her this can't happen and that I was going to make her some cupcakes with a new recipe I had for banana cupcakes with chocolate icing.

I added 1/2 chocolate chips to this recipe (I had a bag I wanted to use up)  and crowned it with a delicious chocolate buttercream icing and proudly gave my friend a dozen when I saw her during a morning Zumba class.

She followed up quickly and told me they were the best cupcakes EVER, that her daughter loved them and that my icing was the perfect complement to the cupcake.

These cupcakes were moist, delicious, great way to use up ripe bananas and a leftover chocolate chips and best of all, received GREAT feedback from all who tried them.

Banana chocolate chip cupcake on plate



Banana chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing

(F00d P0rn's note: For some reason even though I have it at the correct angle on my hard drive, this photo keeps coming out the wrong way when I upload it and I have no idea how to change it in blogspot)

No comments:

Post a Comment