Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Like Project Runway for bakers

....because I had to, as Tim Gunn would say, make it work.

This recipe for cinnamon roll cookies did not come together easily. I had a terrible time rolling out the vanilla cookie dough and then when it was time to roll it up, it crumpled.

I had already expended a lot of time on this recipe as it had to chill for awhile and there was NO way I was throwing it into the trash.  I floured my hands a little bit, shaped it into a log, sliced it into little cookies with a sharp knife and stuck it in the oven.

The final result? A delicious, buttery, sweet and savory cookie. I am going to try this recipe again sometime. Hopefully, next time I will get it 100% right. In the meantime, I am really enjoying these.


Cinnamon roll cookies fresh out of the oven on parchment paper

...with a spiced icing, on a little dessert plate

No comments:

Post a Comment