Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's a good thing this recipe came out well!

.........Because it was such a pain in the neck to get the meat for this.  Chuck roast was supposed to be on sale that week but when I went to the Safeway the first time to get it, there was none. They told me to come back in 1-2 days when they got shipment and there should be some. So I went back, STILL no chuck roast. What kind of mess was this? I expect this kind of thing in a Third World country, not in the USA! I've been a Safeway customer since 1996 and that was the first time anything like that had ever happened to me.

As I was  already there and had a whole list of things I needed and did not feel like wasting gas and time to go to a store across town, I sucked it up and bought the pre-cut stew meat (thank heavens it was on sale). That evening, I set to work making country dijon beef stew. This was a bit labor intensive as it is done on the stove not in the slow cooker. As it simmered to perfection, it filled my home with a savory earthy aroma.

I served it over wide egg noodles so I could enjoy all the delicious sauce. This recipe is perfect for cold winter nights and definitely a keeper :-).

Delicious, savory earthy perfection served over wide egg noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment