Friday, December 23, 2011

A sad reason to try a new recipe

About two weeks ago, I was getting ready to leave for Zumba when my phone rang. It was my friend and workout buddy, calling me in tears. I was able to calm her down enough for her to tell me her nephew had died suddenly and unexpectedly as a result of pneumonia. I was floored and told her if her family needed anything at all, to call me.

She called me again on Wednesday and asked me if my offer still stood and of course I said yes. She asked me if I could prepare something for the bereaved family, they had no food in the house.

I prepared a baked macaroni and cheese and a batch of cocoa cookies. These cookies were delicious, an understated chocolate flavor complemented by toasted walnuts.

Even thought the reason for trying a new recipe was a sad one, I enjoyed creating all this.  My friend couldn't thank me enough and she told me her family loved my my food.

Cocoa cookies heading into the oven

One dozen cocoa cookies

1 comment: