Sunday, July 31, 2011

A wonderful creation for new friends

Last night, I entertained and made my dinner party, never fail standbys of baked pasta, garlic bread and salad. However, the dessert was  a new creation. I had been wanting to try this recipe for a chocolate walnut torte for the longest time and last night was the perfect opportunity. 100 degree heat be damned; I was firing up the oven.

My dinner party was a smashing success. Not only were my wonderful guests three minutes early, they brought me flowers, my favorite sparkly drinks from Trader Joes (all chilled too) AND best of all; enjoyed every bite of my food while making me laugh with lively conversation and jokes. I could barely eat at certain points as I was laughing so hard I was practically in tears.

This creation is rich, delicious and guaranteed to keep a smile on your face long after your last bite while you are cleaning to kitchen after the evening's festivities.

Now, nom nom nom but resist the urge to lick your screen as you check out my latest creation......:-)


Chocolate walnut torte on red plate.....

On blue and white cake stand with cake server in the background.....

....plated with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment