Sunday, July 31, 2011

A slippery yet satisfyingly delicious meal

My newest discovery comes from the Asian foods section of the grocery store: Asian cellophane noodles. These are made from mung beans and are light alternative to pasta.

This is a dish I created with chicken, mixed vegetables and a peanut sauce I mixed using creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, Asian rice vinegar and a touch of red chili paste for some bite.

The results are delicious, however I DO NOT recommend this dish for dinner parties. Why? Because these noodles are incredibly slippery and messy to eat and you are pretty much guarenteed to spill a little bit even if you are a neat eater. Even I succeeded in making a mess while eating this. Thank heavens I was wearing pajama pants and a T shirt and not one of my cute sundresses!

Asian cellophane noodles with chicken, mixed vegetables, peanut sauce  and a side of steamed brocolli before I made a huge mess eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment