Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My can't go wrong dish, more fun with a basic and a new treat for a night of entertaining

I had friends over on Friday night and I brought out what is becoming the house specialty: my baked pasta. Everyone I have served this dish too (including my pasta-adverse father) has loved this dish and my friends were no exception.

In addition to this, I experimented with another basic you can get in the dairy section at the grocery store: Pillsbury French bread (it comes in one one those little tubes just like the biscuits and/or crescent rolls). First, I placed the loaf on a cookie sheet misted with cooking spray per recipe instructions. Then, using a pastry brush, I brushed it with mixture of melted butter, minced garlic and Italian herbs. As a finishing touch, I sprinkled some parmasan cheese on top. This baked up to golden brown, savory perfection. My guests loved it and so did I.

Finally, for dessert, we enjoyed a new recipe for chocolate cake topped with vanilla icing. This cake was so good that it ice cream wasn't necessary. This is saying a lot because I think I am going for the lifetime achievement award when it comes to loving ice cream.

Fresh out of the oven and ready to be enjoyed....

Golden brown savory perfection.....

Delicious, moist chocolate cake with vanilla icing. I turned the slice on it's side to show detail....

No comments:

Post a Comment