Sunday, July 31, 2011

Why doesn't it look like the picture when you make it at home?

I was very eager to try this recipe for chicken with orange sesame sauce as it gave me the opportunity to try out the newest addition to my seasoning collection: sesame oil.

This creation took awhile as it involved squeezing fresh oranges to make the sauce and lots of slicing and dicing of vegetables and meat.

For all the time it took to make, the result was dissappointing. The sauce was very thin and refused to thicken up even after cooking it for a long time. As I don't like to be wasteful, I took the leftovers for lunch at work and was very relieved when I ate the last portion as I won't be making this again. Now....what other uses can I find for that bottle of sesame oil?

Chicken in orange sesame sauce with mixed vegetables over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment