Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fun with zucchini

One of my co-workers gave me several pounds of zucchini and yellow squash fresh from her garden. Of course, I had to think of creative ways to use it.

On Sunday morning, I had some time in the morning before Zumba so I decided to bake zucchini muffins. These filled my home with the aroma of nutmeg and cinnamon as they baked and were done just on time for me to enjoy one as a pre-Zumba snack.

As the recipe made eighteen, I handed a lot out to friends and co workers and so far the feedback has been very positive.

Today, I decided to take advantage of the break in the relentless heatwave we've been having in MD and spend a rainy afternoon creating zucchini brownies.

These are moist have a more cakey than brownie texture and are delicious. I brought some to my friend about an hour ago and plan to bring some to my co workers tomorrow. I cannot wait to receive their feeback about my new, different creation.

I have six more of these beautiful zucchinis and am trying to figure out what to create next. Until then, stay cool and keep creating.

Zucchini muffin.....

Iced zucchini brownies.....

2 comments:

  1. Zuchinni Muffin..didn't see it on your post but

    I absolutely loved every crumb of this tasty treat! I have to admit, at first I was a little skeptical of trying the ZUCHINNI MUFFIN.... Needless to say, I’m making copies of this recipe and sharing it with my family!

    Thanks Ms. Misbin!
    Veggielover@Fortis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening veggielover@Fortis :-). I hadn't blogged the muffins yet at the time. I sometimes get behind in my blogging, thank you for reminding me I needed to blog this. I am glad you liked them and get ready for tomorrow when I bring your zucchini brownies.

    ReplyDelete