Friday, March 4, 2011

Spinach makes it delicious!

At the end of 2010, I made a dish called baked fettucine. It was delicious. The other night, I had friends over for dinner and made it again. This time, it was AMAZING. One of my friends said it was my best dish ever.

What did I do differently? I added spinach to the sauce. First, I sauteed the meat and added it to the sauce simmering on the stove. Then, I added the spinach. This took awhile as I had a big bunch and I had to trim the stems. As I added the spinach, I gently folded it into the sauce and allowed it to wilt.  This time I also used wild mushroom fettucine. The combination of the meat sauce, spinach and the slightly earthy flavor of the mushroom fettucine made for a dish that was truly amazing.

Baked wild mushroom fettucine with spinach

1 comment:

  1. This was the best Rachel. Absolutely orgasmic. Please make it again soon!!!!
    I'll help you finish off every bite of it.
    xoxox,
    Goddess

    ReplyDelete