Thursday, February 10, 2011

A great brown bag lunch for the turbo-charged

I teach an intense, three-week class that meets for five hours, four days a week. I call it a turbo-charged class and every minute counts. That includes the 20 or so minutes I get for lunch. This week, I decided to give the wrap-sandwich places a run for the money and make my own. For the filling, I created a spicy chicken salad. This was very easy to make. First, I marinated bite sized pieces of chicken breasts in lime juice, cumin, chili power and cinamon. Then I sauteed, allowed to cool and mixed in mayonaise and salsa.

I wrapped it a tortilla and topped it with Swiss cheese, lettuce and fresh tomatoes. Not only was this delicious and easy to make, it fit in perfectly with my short lunch break as it does not require microwaving. As an added bonus, it is easy to eat with one hand because sometimes I need to wrestle with the copier or other office equipment on my lunch break.

I do not have the best  picture of this creation as this was taken at 6:10 Monday morning with me moving at three speeds: slow, stop and frantic!

Stay tuned for my next turbo-charged lunch break creation and I will try to take a better picture next week.


Spicy chicken salad on a whole wheat tortilla with lettuce, tomato and Swiss cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment