Sunday, February 20, 2011

An evening of new recipes and great company

Last night was cold and windy, perfect for a night of Indian food enjoyed with good friends.  I tried a new recipe called Indian chicken stew, which I prepared in my Crock Pot.  It contained lean chicken breasts, garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes, an onion, curry powder, garlic, ginger and smelled amazing while it simmered to perfect over eight hours on low. I served this with basmati rice and whole wheat naan from Trader Joes.

For dessert, we had brown sugar pound cake with caramel-Snickers ice cream. Everything was delicious and a good time was had by all.

Indian chicken stew over basmati rice

Brown sugar pound cake cooling on the table


Slice of brown sugar pound cake with ice cream

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing BUT, the cake and ice cream are my favorite. Nice job. It all looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest that this meal was delicious. I enjoyed every bite of it... Thanks for a delicious dinner Rachel.
    xoxoxox,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure, Colleen! We are going to do it all over again Tuesday night. You have actually tried the baked pasta dish I am serving but you and Audrey will get to sample my new brownie recipe and panna cotta recipes.

    ReplyDelete