Saturday, February 19, 2011

Brown bagging your lunch can be fun!

Think brown bagging your lunch is boring? Think again! There is no need to stick to turkey on whole wheat or PB and J. Think outside the (lunch) box and get creative with delicious creations like the curried chicken salad I made last week.

I created this by marinating bite-sized pieces of chicken breasts in pineapple juice, honey, dijon mustard and a little curry powder. Then, I sauteed the chicken. After allowing it to cool, I tossed it with a little mayonaise, curry powder, celery and diced pineapple. I served this in a tortilla with lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese. The result was a delicious wrap that gave the kind served in restaurants a run for the money.

I cannot say enough good things about brown bagging your lunch. It's a win-win situation: you will see a difference in your wallet AND your waistline. In these rough times, I am sure this is something everyone can appreciate.


Curried chicken salad on a tortilla with lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment