Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Another delicious, healthy bang for the buck recipe

My friend came over for dinner Friday night and I served this delicious dish. I put the following in my Crock Pot:  four chicken breasts (cut into eight pieces) mushrooms,  minced onion, zuchini, a can of tomato sauce, a can of Italian diced tomatoes, minced garlic, some Italian seasoning paste and cooked on low for eight hours.

During the last 30 minutes,  I added a package of frozen spinach (thawed out in the microwave). I served this creation over rigatoni with a fresh green salad and parmasan rolls. This was delicious and my friend loved it. The best part? I got TEN portions out of this creation.

Now, how's THAT for a delicious bang for the buck meal?


Chicken, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and zuchini served over rigatoni pasta***

****F00dP0rn thanks Agnes Dodge for this photo. I was so caught up in entertaining and catching up with Agnes, whom I had not seen in awhile that I forgot to take out my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment