Sunday, April 17, 2011

A delicious eclectic meal

Tonight I tried two new things: the recipe for red beans and rice on the back of a can of Goya kidney beans and baked potato wedges (I had three mini Yukon Gold potatoes left and I did not want them to go to waste).

The recipe for red beans and rice called for a cup of chopped ham. As I dislike ham, I substituted skinless turkey sausage. The result was savory, delicious and full of flavor.

For the potato wedges,  I cut the potatoes, then tossed them with one tablespoon of olive oil and a little bit of salt and baked them on a cookie sheet at 350 for 40 minutes. They were simple and delicious with ketchup!

As I write this, I am very excited because this is the LAST Sunday I will have to do the cooking for the week. Soon, I will be able to enjoy creating on a weeknight like I did before this night class took over my life and turned me into a zombie during the week.

Red beans and rice with a side of baked potato wedges and ketchup, plated 

1 comment:

  1. This looks very good. I love red beans and rice and I always use ham or sausage.

    ReplyDelete